We are currently looking for a Workshop Supervisor in the Bankstown area for a fast growing metal manufacturing company.
This role would suit a tradesperson who is looking to move off the tools and move into a supervisor role. The role would comprise 50% of an office environment and 50% hands on.
Responsibilities will include you to :
- Supervise all employees to ensure quality manufacturing
- Lead and organise a production team to meet targets in a safe environment
- Quality control – Inspect all materials pre and post manufacturing
- Maintain stock and equipment
- Implement and monitor quality control measures to and from the factory
- Co-ordinate deliveries and transport
- Co-ordinate orders with sales and management
- Program remote controls
- Manage the total production process
- Practice safe WHS issues and provide training
- Prepare factory paperwork
- Assist all factory hands when necessary
- Negotiate with industry representatives
Skills and Experience Required
- Trade background in Sheet Metal/ Fitting/ Boilermaking
- Experience working with a team to meet deadlines.
- Work with people in a harmonious manner
- Ability to plan ahead
- Previous experience in a factory/ manufacturing environment preferred
- Forklift licence preferred / Willing to obtain a forklift licence
What’s on Offer?
Manage and control an expanding factory and a variety of tasks and daily responsibilities.
This role is well suited to a tradesperson with good communication skills who is willing to be hands on when required.
To apply you must forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or fill in the form below and attach your resume.